This breakthrough healthy living event is just one week away!
Here is a promotional flyer the fine folks at PCRM put together for the event, where I’ve been asked to present re: physical activity for healthy living, with an early morning Fit Quickies session for all attendees.
There are so many phenomenal speakers at this event!
Including Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. John McDougall, Brenda Davis R.D. – the list is stellar. Can you believe it? I’m just honored to be a part of the whole affair.
Register now HERE. Here’s more, with one correction: This event is now one WEEK away!
More about the conference:
Diabetes is a worldwide escalating epidemic. At the International Conference on Diabetes, leading experts share their latest insights on the causes of diabetes, the critical role of nutrition, and priorities for research.
On Friday, July 18, the focus is on insulin resistance and how it can be addressed, controversies over medication safety, and the use of plant-based diets. A networking reception will take place Friday after the last session.
On Saturday, the scope widens to include the changing face of diabetes worldwide, integrating nutrition interventions into clinical practice, and the need to refocus research priorities.
Learning Objectives include the following:
- Participants will be able to identify epidemiologic trends in type 2 diabetes.
- Participants will be able to discuss the emerging science on insulin resistance.
- Participants will be able to consider the appropriate roles of specific pharmaceutical agents.
- Participants will be able to evaluate the framework of basic science research in diabetes.
- Participants will be able to describe methods to use dietary interventions as effective first-line therapy in practice.
- Participants will be able to use dietary interventions as an effective first-line therapy in practice.
This is dovetailed for anyone promoting healthy living with lifestyle interventions.
ALL are invited! Good info, good company, great food, amazing location. Be sure to introduce yourself if you’re at the conference!