Hey, it’s Thanksgiving Day and it may (or may not!) be too late for you to use this sugar-free cranberry sauce recipe I just invented.
But then again, maybe it’s not too late! And even if it is, it’s still in plenty of time for the rest of the holiday season – and beyond.
Heck, I even had it on my pancakes this morning. It was my first project in the kitchen today and it was so good, I just had to use it as a hotcakes topper.
Oh, I did start soaking the dates last night, so that made things perhaps go a bit faster.
Here you go! I even snapped a photo for you, to inspire. The used is the only one I have around today – thus the slice through its gorgeous middle!
Lani’s Cranberry Sauce with Dates and OJ Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- juice and zest from one orange
- 8 – 10 pitted dates, depending on sweetness desired (doesn’t matter what variety, I used a mix of medjool and deglet noor)
- 1/4 + cup water
- soak the dates overnight in the orange juice (you can probably skip this step if in a hurry – if so, maybe cook them a little to soften!)
- blend the dates with the juice and water
- put the dates/juice/water in a pot with the cranberries, bring up the heat quickly to get it hot and then and cook over medium/low heat for 15 minutes.
There you have it! You may need more or less water, depending on how juicy the orange, dates, and cranberries.
Yummers! Let me know if you have any suggestions for my recipe in comments below. And if you make this cranberry sauce, let me know how yours came out!